Jump to the first occurrence of "MOTOR VEHICLE SALES FINANCE ACT"
MOTOR VEHICLE SALES FINANCE ACT (EXCERPT)
Act 27 of 1950 (Ex. Sess.)
492.104 License; application; form; contents; appointment of statutory agent; service of process; separate application for each place of business; renewal.
(1) A person shall file an application for a new or renewal license under this act in writing, under oath, and in the form prescribed by the administrator.
(2) A complete license application shall contain all of the following:
(a) The name under which the business is conducted.
(b) The address of the principal place of business and of each other place of business, if more than 1.
(c) One of the following:
(i) The date and place of incorporation and the name and address of all officers and directors if the applicant is a corporation.
(ii) The name and residence address of the owner if the applicant is an individual owner or operating under an assumed name.
(iii) The name and residence address of all owners, partners, or members if the applicant is a partnership, association, or limited liability company.
(d) An appointment under subsection (3), if applicable.
(e) The bond required under section 5, if applicable.
(f) The license fee or fees required under section 5.
(g) Any other information the administrator requires.
(3) If a license applicant does not maintain an office in this state and does not have a resident agent in this state, the application shall include a written appointment of a statutory agent upon whom process, notice, or demand may be served. The statutory agent shall be an individual residing in this state or a corporation whose principal place of business is located in this state. If the identity or address of the statutory agent changes while the application is pending or after a license is issued, the applicant or licensee shall within 3 days file with the department a written appointment of the new statutory agent or written notice of the new address, as applicable.
(4) A new or renewal license applicant shall submit a separate application, on the prescribed form, for each place of business conducted by or to be established by the licensee within this state.
(5) An applicant for a renewal license shall submit the application for renewal of the license on or before the June 16 preceding the renewal period.
History: 1950, Ex. Sess., Act 27, Eff. Mar. 31, 1951
Am. 2004, Act 283, Imd. Eff. July 23, 2004
© 2017 Legislative Council, State of Michigan