Jump to the first occurrence of "Joe Gagnon appliance repair act"
JOE GAGNON APPLIANCE REPAIR ACT (EXCERPT)
Act 468 of 2002
(1) A service dealer shall provide a warranty for not less than 30 days on the service dealer's labor regarding the repair of the appliance.
(2) Subsection (1) does not void, reduce, or supersede a warranty made by the manufacturer of the appliance and does not void any provisions of a service contract that covers the appliance.
(3) A warranty under subsection (1) requires the service dealer to correct, at no cost to the customer, any failure of the warranted parts if the customer notifies the service dealer in writing within the applicable warranty time period. A service dealer shall make a warranted correction in not more than 10 days after receipt of the written notice of the failure unless parts, after having been ordered in a timely manner, are not received by the service dealer. The service dealer shall make a written record of the ordering of those parts.
(4) A service dealer may impose a labor charge upon the receipt of a written notice of failure from a customer which is after the 30-day labor warranty described in subsection (1).
(5) A warranty issued under subsection (1) for service is extended by any period of time the service dealer has possession of the appliance for work related to the warranty.
History: 2002, Act 468, Imd. Eff. June 21, 2002
© 2017 Legislative Council, State of Michigan