MICHIGAN VEHICLE CODE (EXCERPT)
Act 300 of 1949
257.811f Fund-raising plate; issuance; application; donation, tax, and fee; renewal; personalized fund-raising plate; disabled person's plate; expiration; temporary registration permit.
(1) The secretary of state may, upon application, issue 1 fund-raising plate instead of a standard registration plate to a person for use on a passenger motor vehicle, motor home, pickup truck, or van.
(2) A person may be issued a fund-raising plate for use on a vehicle under this act by applying to the secretary of state under section 217. The applicant must accompany an application for an original fund-raising plate by a $25.00 fund-raising donation, payment of the regular vehicle registration tax prescribed under this act, and a $10.00 service fee. The applicant must accompany an application for renewal of a fund-raising plate by payment of the vehicle registration tax required under section 801 and a $10.00 fund-raising donation. The applicant must accompany an application for a replacement fund-raising plate with payment of only the fee prescribed under section 804.
(3) The secretary of state may issue a personalized fund-raising plate upon application and the payment of the personalized registration plate fee prescribed under section 803b in addition to the fees and donations prescribed under subsection (2) and the regular vehicle registration tax prescribed under this act.
(4) A disabled person who applies for a fund-raising plate under this section and who pays the required service fees shall be issued, as determined by the secretary of state, a disabled person's plate as provided in section 803d for his or her fund-raising plate. The secretary of state shall require the same proof that the applicant is a disabled person as is required for issuance of a permanent windshield placard under section 675.
(5) A fund-raising plate expires as provided in section 226. The secretary of state may issue a tab or tabs designating the month and year of expiration for an original or renewal fund-raising plate.
(6) The secretary of state may issue a temporary registration permit to a person who submits an application and the proper fees and donation for a fund-raising plate, if the applicant's current vehicle registration will expire before his or her receipt of a fund-raising plate. The temporary registration expires upon the applicant's receipt of a fund-raising plate or upon the expiration of 60 days after the date of issuance, whichever occurs first. The secretary of state shall issue the temporary permit without a separate fee.
History: Add. 2000, Act 77, Eff. Oct. 1, 2000
Am. 2006, Act 562, Eff. Jan. 1, 2007
Am. 2017, Act 234, Eff. Feb. 19, 2019
© 2017 Legislative Council, State of Michigan