Act No. 170
Public Acts of 2020
Approved by the Governor
October 1, 2020
Filed with the Secretary of State
October 1, 2020
EFFECTIVE DATE: October 1, 2020
state of michigan
Regular session of 2020
Introduced by Reps. Cynthia Johnson and Hernandez
ENROLLED HOUSE BILL No. 6120
AN ACT to amend 2016 PA 281, entitled “An act to license and regulate medical marihuana growers, processors, provisioning centers, secure transporters, and safety compliance facilities; to allow certain licensees to process, test, or sell industrial hemp; to provide for the powers and duties of certain state and local governmental officers and entities; to create a medical marihuana licensing board; to provide for interaction with the statewide monitoring system for commercial marihuana transactions; to create an advisory panel; to provide immunity from prosecution for marihuana-related offenses for persons engaging in certain activities in compliance with this act; to prescribe civil fines and sanctions and provide remedies; to provide for forfeiture of contraband; to provide for taxes, fees, and assessments; and to require the promulgation of rules” by amending section 604 (MCL 333.27604).
The People of the State of Michigan enact:
Sec. 604. (1) The marihuana regulatory fund is created within the state treasury.
(2) The application fee collected under section 401 and the regulatory assessment collected under section 603 must be deposited into the marihuana regulatory fund. The state treasurer shall direct the investment of the fund. The state treasurer shall credit to the fund interest and earnings from fund investments.
(3) Except as otherwise provided in this section, money in the marihuana regulatory fund at the close of the fiscal year must remain in the fund and must not lapse to the general fund.
(4) The marijuana regulatory agency is the administrator of the marihuana regulatory fund for auditing purposes.
(5) Except as provided in section 603(1)(d) and (e), the department shall expend money from the marihuana regulatory fund, upon appropriation, only for implementing, administering, and enforcing this act.
(6) For the fiscal year ending September 30, 2020 only, $17,000,000.00 of the money in the marihuana regulatory fund is transferred to and must be deposited into the general fund.
(7) As used in this section, “marijuana regulatory
agency” means the marijuana regulatory agency created under Executive
Reorganization Order No. 2019-2, MCL 333.27001.
This act is ordered to take immediate effect.
Clerk of the House of Representatives
Secretary of the Senate